Happy Friday people!
Have a great weekend guys!
Happy Friday people!
Have a great weekend guys!
In celebration of that Friday feeling here are this weeks favourites.
Have a beautiful weekend!
I posted up a picture of my complete MAC Pro Palette on Instagram the other day (I also tweeted the pic) and I received some comments and requests asking if I would post about it on here.
I am by no means a beauty blogger and don’t generally post either fashion or beauty content, I suppose my blog falls more into the lifestyle category with opinion pieces, book reviews and picture posts etc but since I love MAC so much and almost risked third degree burns de-potting my shadows, I thought why not do a quick post about my palette since some lovely people asked so nicely.
This isn’t really going to be a review of each individual shadow just a peek at which ones I have and what they look like. After de-potting all of the individual eyeshadows I held onto the little plastic pots and returned them to a MAC store as part of the Back 2 MAC scheme, where for every six empties you get a free lipstick and MAC get to recycle all the plastic.
I ordered my palette from MACcosmetics.co.uk and it is a large single pro palette with a 15 slot insert. Palette £14.00 and insert £6.50.
From the top, left to right: Vapour (Velvet), Steep, Shroom (Satin), Naked Lunch (Frost), Patina (Frost), Woodwinked, Mulch (Velvet), Amber Lights (Frost), Sumptuous Olive (Veluxe Pearl) , Charcoal Brown (Matte), Brun (Satin), Satin Taupe (Frost), Sketch (Velvet), Cranberry (Frost), Swish (Frost)
I swatched the shades but the lighting was terrible, I tried every room in the house and even went outside and still the colour and shimmer of the shadows didn’t show up true to life. Like I’ve said I’m not a beauty blogger so don’t possess all the technical tools that go with like a decent camera and lights etc,but I’ll post the pic up anyway so you get a rough idea. Like a complete idiot I missed out Mulch (eye rolls) but when I complete my second palette I’ll include the swatch in with that one.
The lightest nude shades such as Vapour and Naked Lunch hardly show up at all, but believe me they’re there, if I’d had better lighting conditions maybe they would be more visible. At the minute my faves are Woodwinked, Sumptuous Olive, Patina and Swish but this can change quite regularly depending on what I’m wearing day to day.
It’s taken me a while fill the palette as the eyeshadows aren’t cheap but I’m really pleased with it and think the shadows are well worth the money. It’s not like I need any more but I can’t wait to add to my little collection!
What are your favourite MAC shadows? Do you have a palette?
1. New Topshop polishes. A simple white (Spilled Milk) and a new glitter they got in this week (Magpie.)
2. Chocolate and stars all in the same bag?! Perfect!
3. Couldn’t resist this Fashion book bible. Total bargain, the history of fashion and costume all in one place with some beautiful pictures to accompany it.
4. Shiny pink windmill to twirl in the breeze = happy garden 🙂
5. Chocolate and honeycomb ice cream sundae. Cheeky treat after lunch with a friend. Sooo nice!
6. Wasn’t sure what I’d make of this Barry M Gelly shade in Greenberry but I LOVE it! So bright and summery, I teamed it with a glittery accent nail in my new Topshop Magpie polish.
7. Can’t be arced to make tea? Get a pizza in! Chicken BBQ is a fave.
8. I love a MAC purchase, been after these two for ages. Woodwinked eyeshadow and Creme Cup lipstick.
9. Katsu Curry lunch at Rice with Mamma Smith.
10. Todays Make up face.
Follow/ Find me on Instagram @ JemmFrances
1. More books. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and The Rose Petal Beach by Dorothy Koomson. Both new authors for me, maybe you’ll see these in future Jemm Frances Reads….
2. Pink overload in my shower bag. I’m not 12, honest.
3. Loving wearing my hair like this at the moment. Not really sure what this style is called
4. A make up face this week.
5. Costa chocolate muffin. I heart the gooey bit in the middle!
6. Desperately needed some new Topshop jeans so invested in these jegging style ‘Leigh’ jeans £38 each I think.
7. Went for a stroll around Cusworth Hall. Bit chilly though.
8. New Jemm Frances Reads… this week on the blog. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson.
9. Frankie & Benny’s lunch followed by a cheeky chocolate brownie and ice cream dessert.
10. Couldn’t resist this bright mint green Barry M Gelly polish. Called Greenberry.
11. Really appreciated this latte.
12. Star light, star bright. I want.
13. Sod Sunday lunch. Chip shop dining.
14. Can I live in one of these please?
15. Pink and white cling film manicure with a hint of glitter.
Find/Follow me on Instagram @ JemmFrances