1. It was such a lovely day this past bank holiday Monday that I took a trip out to Belvoir Castle with the family. We had a wander round the Castle and I spent the entire time sighing “I wish it was mine” if only my dad was born a Duke….
2. The grounds of the Castle are beautiful, its such a fairytale place. If you live near by and have never been, earmark it as your next day out.
3. Been meaning to put together a MAC palette for ages and just never got on with it. My make up bag was getting a little cluttered with all the individual eyeshadow pots rattling round in there so I got myself online (www.maccosmetics.co.uk) and ordered a Pro Palette and a 15 space insert. And also a cheeky eyeshadow (this one’s Shroom), well it would be rude not to.
4. Costa have started doing chocolate teacakes. They’re new so I had to test them didn’t I?
5. Nails. Bit disappointed with these as they didn’t last long. The glitter is fab but the black chipped really easily. It’s an Essie polish so I’m surprised as I usually find Essie polishes to have good staying power.
6. All my shadows in my MAC Pro Palette. I actually enjoyed depotting them all, it wasn’t as difficult as I anticipated and I managed to avoid third degree burns and ruining any shadows while doing it! Winner! Only have three slots left so I better get filling them…
7. This House Is Haunted by John Boyne. Current reading material. A Victorian ghost story, right up my street.
8. New dress. Total bargain from TK Maxx £12.99!
9. Finally bit the bullet and brought a new Apple laptop. Bit of an expense but my old black Macbook was slowing down and packing up in degrees, will miss the old fellow. I went for a 13″ Macbook Air.
10. If I walk past a bookshelf in a shop I honestly cannot resist buying. Damn Sainsbury’s and their bargain book prices! Enticing me in. Here I have The Light Between Oceans by M L Stedman and The Age Of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker. Think the Age of Miracles will be my next read.
11. Little bit obsessed with my new twinkly backlit keyboard. Turned it up to the brightest it will go without shame.
12. Quick nail change. A simple and easy design that looks really quite effective.
Find/Follow me on Instagram @ JemmFrances