Ok, so as my previous post explained and as you’ve probably noticed, I’ve had a little break from the blog over the last couple of months. The dreaded writers block coupled with having other things to do forced me to take some time and recharge my bloggers batteries. I’m now back on it but still a little worried that I’ve lost my blogging mojo. To help me reclaim my mojo I thought I’d do this post. A list of 36 random things about me. This little uni learnt writing exercise should ease me back into the swing of things nicely and also serve as a way to get reacquainted with those who have read the blog in the past. For those who perhaps haven’t visited the blog before it’s a chance to get to know me better. After all, aren’t stranger’s just friends we’ve never met? I’d also like to get to know all of you so how about you hit me back with some of your own quirky facts? Either leave a comment under the blog or visit the Facebook page.
1. Not only is this little exercise good for getting my blog back on but it also pays tribute to my absolute obsession for making lists. I have lists everywhere.
2. I love Beetroot. I eat it from the jar with a fork.
3. I love the smell of petrol and paint. I know this can’t be healthy.
4. I always keep a dictionary close by. If I read a word I don’t know or understand I look it up.
5. I have a very real phobia of birds. Of all kinds.
6. I’m sarcastic. Some people say it’s the lowest form of wit, but hell I find me funny.
7. I am totally useless at taking a compliment. I always find a way to deflect them.
8. I do not possess the social skills necessary to put up with people I don’t like. So if I don’t like you please leave me alone. Ta.
9. When I was little I threw a tantrum every day. Stamina.
10. If it were up to me I’d spend the rest of my life only eating these four things: Chocolate, ice cream, pancakes and Tiramisu. Dessert. The ultimate food group.
11. A friend once brought me Alfred Hitchcock’s ‘The Birds’ on DVD with an ‘I saw this and thought of you’ note stuck on it. It was amusing and scary at the same time. (Refer to point 5)
12. Once after a tantrum when I was little I got sent to my room. In anger I kicked a hole straight through the WOODEN DOOR. I didn’t know I had it in me.
13. I’m a bookworm. If my house caught fire I’d save my bookcases before I saved myself. It used to be my dog, but she died. Not in a fire.
14. I’m a bit antisocial. I prefer to spend time in my own company.
15. I don’t think I belong here. I should have been born 100 years ago.
16. I still have the diary I kept when I was 7.
17. I hate the colour yellow.
18. English and History lessons were the only reason I liked school.
19. Nearly every item of clothing I possess comes from Topshop. And almost every item is a dress. And what?
20. I would never have the confidence to leave the house without my makeup on. Ever.
21. I don’t have the patience for drama, mine or anyone else’s. Take it elsewhere.
22. I’m a twin. Growing up I was the shy one. The first time I remember striking out on my own was when my sister stopped going to swimming lessons but I carried on without her. I might be the shy one but I’m the better swimmer.
23. My favourite film is The Prestige.
24. I’m a leftie. This puts me in very real danger of being killed by right-handed scissors. We’re an endangered species. Fact.
25. I don’t drive. Deal with it.
26. I hate tardiness. I’d rather be an hour early than two minutes late.
27. I have absolutely no concept of time, which is also probably why I show up places an hour early.
28. I have a total fear of numbers. If I ever came across a mathematician bird it would push me over the edge.
29. I’m completely Tee Total and have never had a hangover in my life. Smug.
30. I’m a fussy eater to the point of it being ridiculous.
31. My history teacher once singled me out in front of the whole class to tell me that back in the day I would have been burnt at the stake for witchcraft thanks to my long dark hair, unnaturally pale skin, green eyes and left handedness. Oh the injustice. Oh the embarrassment.
32. I would quite happily bitch slap anyone holding a Kindle. Traitors!
33. I’m obsessed with Downton Abbey. Every time Maggie Smith delivers her line I just want to shout ‘Preach it sister!’
34. I love onomatopoeic words like sparkle, glitter and pop.
35. I have an obsession with stars. They represent wishes and magic and remind me that we’re meant to shine so bright. I already have two star tattoos and keep promising that I won’t have anymore. In reality I’m going to end up looking like a map of the night sky.
36. I’ve found that Jemma’s in general are rather grumpy. Grumpy, but f*cking awesome.
I was going to go with 35 things but then realised that I hate odd numbers so had to make it 36. There’s another fact about me, but does that make it 37 even if I haven’t numbered it?
P.s. Don’t forget to leave me with some facts about your lovely selves.